だから 言いた じゃない???
My brother told me something interesting the other day, he said I do things just to "piss people off" and prove them wrong or prove something to them. I would have to say, he's got it right. If you tell me something is impossible, I will go out of my way to make it possible. If you tell me not to do something, I will probably do it. Years back my brother expressed his dislike for Japanese people (hopefully this has changed, but I doubt it) and it made me even more determined to stay here and make it home. I don't know what gives me this rebellious nature, it cannot be good for me at all - in more extreme cases, I suppose it can be self-destructive. Do you know anyone like this?This is one reason why it was good that I was raised by my father. He is very passive and let me do as I pleased. If I got into trouble, it was my own fault. My mom, on the other hand, told me very strongly not to do something...which only made me want to do it more. So if she had raised me, especially during my teen years, I would be such a hopeless wreck. Who knew an absent mom would be one of the biggest blessings in disguise in my life.
I suppose this is why Hiro suits me well. He lets me do whatever, doesn't give patronizing advice, and if I screw up, he is there for me to bawl and whine and not tell me "I told you so." I hate that phrase - it's one of the worst things in the world to hear, "I told you so, didn't I?" or the second runner-up, "serves you right." So I also try my best not to dish it out at others.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home