RAIN girl
I have become, 雨女, which means, 'rain girl' in Japanese. I used to be a 雲女, which means, cloud girl...but sometime between last year and this one, I progressed into a rain girl. Essentially this just means I have a tendency to bring rain with me wherever I go - like the little black cloud over people's heads in comics, ha ha ha.Everyone said this because the last two events I hosted were both rained out. This past Sunday I moved a cherry blossom viewing event indoors to an Italian restaurant. Around 35 people attended, wooo, a full house. I suppose we had too many attendees because the poor Elegance (name of the restaurant) staff could hardly keep up.
Though I must add, quite truthfully, they were not so accomodating (no pitcher drinks, no all-you-can-drink option). In short, I don't think I'll be going back there even if the food was sensational. Some staff members seemed a wee snobby, even though I suppose one could say it was just overall professionalism. I suppose there are plenty of places we can patronize next time. Overall everyone had a merry time drinking, eating, and more...until next year, we'll pray for a sunny 花見, cherry blossom viewing party.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home