Sunday, April 02, 2006

bachelorette life

I noted before in my blog that it is recommended that one eats at least 30 different kinds of food each day.

Here is this morning's salad...let's count:
-tomato
-carrot
-cucumber
-basil leaves
-white radish sprouts (kaiware)
- cheese, sliced and processed kind
- avocado (and lots of it)
- Japanese white radish
- red onion
- gingerbud (Japanese mioga)

That adds up to 10, plus a kiwi earlier...11. Okay that makes 11 down and 19 to go! I ate this salad today to make up for the lack of veggies yesterday and tons of cheesy greasy pizza and even greasier French fries!. I could still feel the pizza churning in my stomach this morning.

Usually I don't eat so well on my own. I am a health nut but it takes place in on-again, off-again intervals. When I cook for myself and others, I make sure it is super healthy and loaded with colorful vegetables, but cooking for one is much harder to do. So cooking for Hiro is not only healthy for him, but healthy for me too. That's a good thing to hear. Do you eat better when with your family or others? When with my Chinese family members, I pack it on because Chinese people really insist you eat more more more...it's custom, you see.

Recently we talked about if we will gain or lose weight when we live together and marry. My recently engaged friend and his fiance said they were packing on the pounds. My other recently engaged friend and her fiance said weight gain was slowly creeping up on them, too. That's what got me thinking, what will happen when we live together...hmm. I'll have reports on that after the fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home