Thursday, February 15, 2007

cooking event!!!

Talk about food for thought...I am once again fired up and inspired to cook. We had a cooking event last weekend...everyone gathered a the community centre to 'cook up a storm.' Hee hee...bad pun, sorry. Unfortunately the community centre is not so children-friendly so those with babies only came to the afterparty to eat.

People made various dishes: Indonesian gado gado salad, teriyaki chicken balls (pictured), amazing quick Indian curry made by Himanshu, my Chinese scallion pancakes, Japanese simmered daikon, and so on. Each person made some dish and when we had time, we went around the room seeing how everyone else made theirs. ^_^

The best part was the party afterwards...time to eat our creations. It took some time to organize: rental of community centre, condo party room, buy all materials for the party, e-mailing recipes after the event...but was well worth it! I felt so inspired by this event that recently I have taken to dabbling in Indian cooking...last weekend I made butter chicken to much success...though the red lentil dish was, while tasty, disappointing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home