Wednesday, February 14, 2007

lingering things to do still

Post wedding...

After the wedding there are various things to do, still!
- thank you letters and/or gifts for tons of family/friends
- continued distribution of honeymoon souvenirs
- copying and distribution of DVD and photos (CD and prints!)
- photo album, organizing photos from the pro photographer
- scrapbooking (still a long way to go...mine are not fancy at all)
- sending either 'Thank You cards' or o-kaishi (reciprocal gifts)

...the list goes on...OooOoooOOooOOoooooo.

I cannot believe months have gone by since our wedding. Last October, and it is already almost March!!! I am still catching up on all kinds of stuff. Though they say it is entirely normal, I mean tying up loose ends months after the wedding. For an event of a lifetime, it takes much planning but we were quite satisfied with the outcome. Could not have been better! For the married folks out there - how long did it take you to finally finish up all wedding-related things?

In society it is the woman's job to keep in touch with family, maintain correspondence and so on. I wonder if it is the general nature of women and they are very good at it or it is something that has, over the years, been imposed on them. Either way, it is fun (albeit at times exhausting) to keep in touch with relatives and family friends through e-mail, letters, colourful packages.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home