Thursday, February 08, 2007

my cinnamon roll!

This is a pic of the cinnamon rolls I made the other week...er, in this case, one lone cinnamon roll. It turned out well (the first batch) but then the second batch kind of fell flat, likely due to it over-rising...**sigh** Baking, much like anything, is very much trial and error. Over time, should I not give up first, I might improve! The key to a GOOD American cinnamon roll is the frosting, no doubt about it! It must be sweet, creamy, buttery, aromatic...the frosting either makes or breaks it.

Despite having a bread machine, we enjoyed a nice bakery bread breakfast this morning...a little too much since it had been a long time since our last trip there: custard tart, maple cake, takoyaki donut, chocolate cream bread, and more...oh, and yogurt and coffee. Umm...not so healthy but you could call it our "It's been a long time to eat C-bakery's bread" baked goods binge. Hee hee.

The best thing about being a couple is you can try MORE of everything because you can share it. :D Yeah.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home