Monday, February 05, 2007

flower arrangement

Frustration leads to innovation. Isn't this always the case? My favorite...make that former favorite flower shop attempted to recreate a flower arrangement from a picture I showed them. Upon pickup, I saw a hideous arrangement and knew there was no time to change it all over again (I asked the woman to change a few flowers) ...so I had to give Hiro's mother an arrangement even I found ugly. Wahhhh.

Due to this very unfortunate situation, I was driven to learn how to make my own flower arrangements! Last week I made my first flower 'work of art' and to my great pleasure, it turned out better than expected! This picture is not the flower arrangement I made but it's quite similar. I made a spring flower arrangement (not in water...instead with a green foam base) the other day. In the future I will make my own flower arrangements to present to my mother-in-law...original, save money, and content with the outcome!

It is much easier than you think: choosing the container is fun and easy...then lining it with plastic...adding some well-saturated green foam and decorate with flowers of your choice! Another good thing is you do not have to wait an hour (or so) for them to make it, if you are in a hurry. I did not use roses this time but was told they do not hold up as long as other flowers such as gerbers, daisies and stiff/hardy greens.

Since the weather has been unusually warm, I have declared it spring and not winter. That way at least my spirits are lifted up and I feel cheerful! Spring colours are so pretty - pink, lime green, yellow, pastels...ooooooooooooooooooooOOOOoooOOOoo.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home