Wednesday, January 31, 2007

say no more to Cinnabon

As a child I was a sucker for Cinnabon cinnamon rolls - see picture. They are gooey, sweet, fluffy, and moist....though I am afraid they are a wee too sweet for Japanese tastebuds. If you ever plan on buying one, keep in mind that Mini-bons do not taste as good as the original-sized ones, don't ask me why.

They have some Cinnabon outlets in Tokyo but I haven't been. Since I got the bread machine I have been experimenting with all sorts of things. And the thing is, it does not even take so long to make. Cinnamon rolls made in less than an hour (the machine does all the hard stuff) and without all sorts of unknown preservatives. I can happily say they turned out quite tasty - much better than what I anticipated!

The ever-famous American donut chain, Krispy Kreme is here in Tokyo now...the line of people waiting to try it trails out, spilling onto a bridge connecting the mall to the subway station...a one-hour wait, minimum!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home