Monday, January 29, 2007

Le Creuset...

We were given some cast iron cookware from others for our wedding. The cast iron pot is quite
heavy and bulky, so I let it hide away in a dark pantry for quite some time. Not to let it go to waste, I finally took it out and started using it - wow! Who knew it could be such a dream? It cooks and retains heat like a heat sink, making it even more energy efficient than a pressure cooker. Moreover, it is fairly easy to clean and does not stain easily.

This just goes to tell you not to 'judge a book by its cover' as the saying goes. It is funny because I used to cook as a pasttime but now it is our livelihood - cooking breakfast and dinner daily is my 'task' and I take pride in it. People who write off cooking and cleaning as petty housewife drudgery have no idea that it is too, a job in itself that one should do wholeheartedly. To keep everyday unique and surprising, I try not to cook the same thing within one month and spice up the variety with unique ethnic foods, i.e. Maldivian curry, American cinnamon rolls, French crepes.
Some people simply eat to live. Others live to eat...or you can be like me and do both!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home