Saturday, January 27, 2007

can't get enough of bread!!!

I was presented a bread machine by some of my students the other day, as a belated wedding present. Oooo, what a delight. In fact I was debating for some time whether or not I should buy one but feared if I bought it, it would soon end up in the closet accumulating dust day by day.

The day after I got the machine, with the help of a junior high school student of mine, we cooked up some carrot loaf bread. YUM!!! Even though we forgot to add butter, it was delicious and light! Indeed there is nothing like fresh bread. This morning I made another kind of bread: black sesame (like the pic to the right) loaded with ground black sesame seeds and some soy bean powder (kinako) for a subtle hint of 'peanuts.'

Making bread couldn't be easier. Measure ingredients...dump directly into the machine...press ON...4 hours later and presto bread-o!!! The reason why it takes so long to make is because the rising process cannot be hastened...the more it rises, the fluffier it gets.

I imagine we will got to the local bakery much less than before. Now we can have fresh, non-preservative-packed bread filled with all sorts of unique ingredients...my mind is swimming with ideas for what to make next. OOOooooOOOoooooOOOo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home