"if you plan it, they will come"
Snowfall has been quite poor this year in snow country, due to either global warming of El Nino...or a double whappy combo of the two? Hee hee hee. Anyway we are heading out the slopes a few times this year. Twice next month and in March - perhaps an overnight trip to Yuzawa (Niigata prefecture) again, like last year. Interest seems so high already - I planned an annual ski trip for students, and friends but it is practically overbooked...24 members and many more on the waiting list!Skiing is a pricey sport, but quite fun and a really good workout. The bonus is: the bigger the group, the deeper the discount. There is a one-day bus that leaves from Tsuchiura but it goes the very round-about way to the ski resort, I mean it picks up people at various stops around Ibaraki-prefecture before actually heading out to the ski destination in Fukushima.
For someone who royally stinks at skiing, I sure like planning the trips! This year we are fortunate to have put together a trip even better than the bus that goes from Tsuchiura, because my friend's husband works at a travel agency. In addition to skiing we will hit a nice local hot spring. Wooo, it could not be better!
I love planning some group events. Sometimes I complained it was too hard to organize and there were so many people who could not make up their mind, or changed their mind...etc that I wanted to throw up my hands and stop planning such events. Granted, it is tiring to plan them but in the end, I am happy with the fun outcome. (also, I decided on pre-payment for large events and parties because I got burned a few times and had to pay the difference for those who canceled at the last minute or decided not to show up - aghhh) Last year ski trip and rafting/canyoning event. This year skiing...and perhaps rock climbing??? Ohhh, I cannot wait!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home