COMPARING breakfast sets...
A fun side hobby of my husband and I is reviewing Japanese meal sets at various major Japanese fast-food shops. Recently we reviewed breakfast sets at: Yoshinoya, Sukiya, Nakao, and Matsuya.I was very disappointed with the food at Yoshinoya - it was the pioneer of Japanese fast food so I expected way much more than what we got. The salmon was overly salty and made my tongue tingle for some reason. They were a bit stingy with the Chinese cabbage pickles...one bite, at best. 

Nakao was perhaps the cheapest tasting of them all: C-grade or worse rice with a somewhat tasty but ill-coloured piece of grilled salmon. I really enjoyed the rice at both Matsuya and Sukiya. What really bowled me over was the natto at Matsuya...VERY IMPRESSIVE for fast-food...drumroll please...they used non-GM beans in their natto!!! Amazing. Next challenge up: beef bowls!!! We are going to compare the beef bowl at all the shops.
One downside to all this experimenting: I am bound to gain plenty of weight. The portion of rice is HUGE...perhaps because many blue-collar workers go there to eat, so they make sure they are filled up and satisfied with plenty of rice.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home