AH-LOW-AYE (ALOE)
At first I could not get over how Japanese people pronounce aloe but now it has grown on me. We say AH-low and they say AH-low-aye. Hmm. Either way, I bought some at the local supermarket today. I asked the grocery man how to use it and he was not sure himself! Hmm, not very reassuring...anyway I bought it and started prepping by trial and error. I used the skins in an ALOE and coffee (real instant coffee powder) bath. Then I cooked up the aloe and plan to prepare the fleshy clear part for yogurt or some dessert.A few months ago I took some ALOE from Izu...I was elated, until I found out it was not the edible variety. BITTER as HECKKKKKKK. Well, it must have been healthy. I drank one sip and threw it out. Pity. I should have turned it into a face mask or aloe bath. Well as they say, hindsight is 20/20!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home