Thursday, January 04, 2007

learning Japanese!

Every year at Hiro's grandmother's we have two big platters of sushi (like the one pictured) along with plenty of KFC chicken, KFC breaded chicken fingers, and osechi ryouri (traditional Japanese New Years food)...phew. It is a lot of food but I eat non-stop...kind of like pleasing his grandmother thing. I do the same at my grandma's...maybe it is an Asian thing or just a grandma thing? They like to see us eat until we become cute plump little things.

This year was much more pleasant at the Yamada New Year's event. Nothing was different, especially...just that I could understand much more of their Japanese. It was like night and day compared to last year, hardly catching even one word. This time around I could even get his auntie's really cheesy jokes - umm, dunno if this is a good thing, ha ha. Again more proof that learning Japanese is indeed the key to really truly living well in Japan. This gives me just that more incentive to learn Japanese!

On another note, my friend Hakim has just started to learn Japanese.  Congrats and 頑張って 下さい ね!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home