hearty meaty breakfast, anyone?!
How people can do it is beyond me - I mean eat tons of meat, first thing in the morning. So much for nudging awake the digestion, ha ha. I suppose Americans eat their fair share of meat (in the form of bacon, sausage, etc) for breakfast, too...yet... Well, I suppose to my friends back home it is a bit odd that I eat so much fish for breakfast these days!This morning we ate fast-food breakfast at Yoshinoya after another driving training session. I could not believe all the meat entrees they offered: kimchi pork bowl, ginger beef bowl, regular pork bowl...phew! The food was not bad, but it was definitely more like Grade C than usual homemade Grade A or AA. Even the rice glistened less in the sunlight.
Despite my griping, I will admit that if one opts for the natto or fish set, it is relatively healthy even considering it is fast food. Natto, rice, miso soup, raw egg (to be seasoned with soy sauce and dumped into the rice bowl), seaweed (laver kind), pickles, and a generous portion of rice. My grilled salmon fish set had the same, minus the raw egg.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home