Monday, December 25, 2006

bad news sells

I check out the headlines and 9.5 out of 10 times it is about something tragic or scandalous. I wish they would report more upbeat events...but I suppose we have it in us to think that such 'happy' news is not so-called newsworthy material, therefore news agencies worldwide write it off as frivolous? Pity. At times reading the news makes me feel like the world is corrupt beyond salvation and we are all going under and gonna burn in hell. Ha ha. Well, not that bad, but you know what I mean. So from now on, I will make a concientious effort to report some good news and fun aspects about life in general and happenings in Japan!

Let's start with announcement of a birth...and no, not mine. ^_^ The funniest thing about this article is that despite the pandas being twins, one was considered premature. Huh? Can anyone explain this to me? Maybe fraternal twins instead of identical??? Hmm... oh, I feel dumb...my friend told me premature not in terms of time but rather in SIZE. Dooops.

WAKAYAMA — Twin giant pandas were born in a rare winter delivery on Saturday at Adventure World amusement park in Wakayama Prefecture, the park announced Sunday. The cubs and the mother are in good condition, though one of the cubs was delivered prematurely.
Giant pandas typically give birth between summer and fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home