Thursday, January 04, 2007

DARN BEANS

Ok, so last year I tried to make 黒豆 (sweet simmered black beans) but failed miserably. I used the wrong beans! Argh. Well this year I used the right beans but ended up with a half smooth, half wrinkled final product. What happened?! Aghhhh. If you know some tips, send 'em my wayyyyy.

A few years ago I made the whole osechi meal (see post last year with a picture of it) but it: a) it cost a lot to make it b) it took a heck of a lot of time and c) few people really like eating it and d) eating it day after day gets old. So since then I only make what I like to eat: kuromame and kurikinton.

This picture is not mine but is what they should ideally look like. It is now the joke of the Yamada family (my beans are always unpredictable!) and I have already been designated as the official black bean maker for the family. They all look forward to trying them again next year. In the meantime, I am off to practice making more beans!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home