dry your bed much?
In Japan from early morning, housewives are very busy vacuuming, airing out futons and covers, drying bathroom lids, and so on. There are so many cleaning issues limited to Japan - like cleaning tatami mats, swacking (sp?) futons with a swatter, drying and sunnying (word?) out comforters, cleaning the bidet or washlet attachment, cleaning dust and other fun particles out of sliding door grooves, getting muck out of Japanese shower area drains, preventing mildew in the humid summer, keeping one's house hydrated with a humidifier in the winter, cleaning goo from the icky kitchen sink and preventing goo with nets...the list is endless! And some single women here think they can marry to 'retire' from work. Ha ha, they have no idea what they are getting into... Cooking, cleaning, and more on a daily basis is equally challenging as any daytime job.
These days I've notoiced that I cannot chat with my friends by IM (instant messenger) as I used to, or write long e-mails as I used to... Married life, though enjoyable, is very chaotic! Especially if one is working, even part-time work. In addition to that, I have to realize that I am no longer single and cannot continue as I did before, chat with friends into the wee hours...sleep at 3 or 4 a.m. and wake up around 10 a.m. only to catch up with another friend or e-mail. My husband and I both need...get this, oooh...sleep! So this is why single people call us married people boring, ha ha ha. Anyway, it is time for this girl to get to housework...until tomorrow for more blogging!
Labels: cleaning, dry futon, married life

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home