Tuesday, January 30, 2007

indoor rock climbing

There is an indoor climbing gym in Tsukuba named, SPOLE pump climbing gym. We went there last weekend to make like Spiderman, ha ha.

I have not been climbing in 3 years, making doing it again really satisfying...gone are the days I used to go with my housemate, Grace to the climbing gym in Toronto. The best part was not just the climbing but heading to the great roti restaurant adjacent to the climbing facility for a quick bite during or after our climbing.

I once went with a friend's friend who wanted to climb...big mistake: a) he was hungover b) he was heavyset...so when he fell (quite often), I was launched off the ground by the force of his fall c) he had a boring, aloof personality. Another time I went climbing with another friend's friend, he kept looking at my butt - um, right...need I say more? And you wonder why there are not more female climbers! Ha ha. Anyway back in Toronto you could see a good number of women at the climbing gym...I cannot say the same for Japan.

Our limbs were quite sore...even today it hurts to move my arms in a certain position. For a first-timer, Hiro did a really good job. I hope the sore muscles and post-climbing pain won't prevent him from wanting to go again!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home