Wednesday, February 07, 2007

threats of a boycott makes them back down...

That's right. Go get 'em!!! After the racist propaganda magazine was published last week, some foreigners in Japan launched a campaign to boycott Family Mart and other stores with the magazine in stock.

Here is the official letter, written in both Japanese and English. The letter proved quite effective as the Family Mart head office wrote a letter of apology and instructed all stores to take down the repulsive magazine. I went to the local Family Mart stores and even 7-11 shops (I heard it also stocked the mag) to make sure they took every copy off shelves. After I was satisfied with the inspection, I bought lots of choco to refresh my daily stash...hee hee hee.

Dear Family Mart Management:
I have always enjoyed being a customer of yours. However, I am gravely disappointed that you have decided to stock and sell a magazine entitled GAIJIN HANZAI URA FAIRU, which in my view offers discriminatory statements and images about non-Japanese residents of Japan.
Please remove this magazine from your shelves immediately and return them to the publisher. Please take care not to sell magazines of this type ever again in your stores.
Until you do, I will not shop in your store, and will tell my friends overseas and nationwide to boycott your stores. Non-Japanese are important customers too, and in this competitive market it will be no trouble for us to take our business elsewhere.
Sincerely,

冠省 いつもファミリーマートで日常品を購入させていただいております。
しかし、近日貴社が雑誌「外人犯罪裏ファイル」を販売に対し、大変絶望しております。当雑誌のなか、「おいニガー!!日本婦女子のケツさわってんじゃねえ!!」「路上で手マンはやめてくれる?」「お前らそんなに外人がイイのかよ!!」「ここは日本なんだよ!てめえの国に帰ってやりな!」等という発言が載り、意図的に外国人住民のイメージ・ダウンを図っており、差別意識を助長しています。貴社が当雑誌を取り扱っていることに非常に憤りを感じております。
よって、この雑誌をいますぐ棚から撤去し、販売を取り止め、出版社に返却して下さい。そして、二度とこのような雑誌を取り扱わないで下さい。
このままですと、私は当分の間、他のコンビニで買い物をします。そして、私は友人にも連絡して、ファミリーマートの国内かつ海外店舗(米国で"Famima!"社など)にも不買運動を促進します。宜しくお願いします。
草々


Ok, writing some article about "foreigners commiting crime in Japan" is free speech...but when you start throwing around the F-word and N-word and other words I would be ashamed to see on my own blog, now THAT is racist, stupid, and wrong.

I want to hear more about the Japanese COP who was caught robbing banks...or the cop who stole from his colleague last week...I hear about things Japanese police are doing wrong daily. So why should crime committed by foreigners be any different?

This is not the only issue at hand...foreign trainees get something like 200 or 300 yen an hour...because they are not protected by labor laws. 2 or 3 dollars an hour in a developed country...and you wonder why they are turning elsewhere (bars, gambling, gangs, crime) to get money just for daily living expenses! Quite often their bosses abuse them, deduct unnecessary expensese and more from the trainee's salary...how sad. I hope foreign workers, officially called 'trainees' get REAL rights, the same kinds as regular Japanese citizens have!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home