Monday, February 12, 2007

Curry museum

Last weekend we made the requisite trip to the curry museum before it closes its doors in about a month or so. Our expectations were not extraordinarily high, especially after the let-down of a trip the ramen museum turned out to be.

The good point: free admission. The downsides: high prices, not so special curry (at least the shops we tried), and lines/crowds. Aghhhh, get me outta there!!! Upsides: lots of souvenir stuff involving curry...curry bath powder (not strong enough so I added real curry to our bath...oops, big mistake as the bathtub itself became temporarily stained BRIGHT FLUORESCENT yellow!!!), curry chocolate, chai tea...and so on! Yeahhhh.

Anyway I have decided while entertaining and amusing, food museums are just not what they are cracked up to be. I had wanted to visit the gyoza (dumpling) museum but now have second thoughts...hmm Though, I do admit, when it comes to food, I am almost willing to try anything...but bugs were not really my thing, so I would like to avoid them in future food experiences.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home