spending priorities...
Some people spend their money on a car, clothes, accessories, name-brand bags...and others are like me - I spend money on what I think counts: food. Food is our source of energy and affects our mood more than we admit! Why should we cheap out on ingredients? It is, after all, going into our body and fueling our every movement, action!Recently I spend more money on food than ever...how my financial priorities have changed. I try to buy the best quality (and freshest) ingredients to nourish our body and soul. Now I am not cooking 'just for one' but for two...and in the future, even for three?! Instead I spend less on unnecessary things: clothes, accessories, other things that will simply clutter up my house. Each dinner has at least 15 different ingredients and each day two kinds of fruit, ideally. I don't always make my goal but at least I have got a target. Since I moved in with my husband, I can feel the physical changes in my body due to a better, healthier, regular lifestyle. It is a great feeling and now in retrospect I wish I took better care of myself before as a single gal. Oh well, too late for regrets...aim for a better future.
Another thing is, I try now to use up all the money I have saved up for leisure activities because in a year or more there will be fewer chances, should a child come along. On the advice of my family and friends, I have decided to enjoy vacations and DINK lifestyle to its fullest (and without worrying too much about costs) before settling down. Being thrifty is nice but hey, we only live once!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home