Wednesday, February 14, 2007

chocos for my honey...

Today is Valentine's day, the day when women give homemade chocolates to their significant others...and store-bought simpler chocos for their male colleagues, boss, and so on. Next month 3/14 will be White Day when the men reciprocate. For me, I like giving friends and student sweets for no special occasion - lucky them. :)

My brother and Jinny in Korea say they ignore all the strange Korean holidays and celebrate only the Western ones. I am mixed on this one...I wonder if it would be better to just celebrate Valentine's day once and not again the following month. I am fine with either way because normally I make tons of sweets and buy gifts for my husband. It is not much different from other days, just a tad fancier and time-consuming. However because my normal dinners are sometimes fancy, I have to make Valentine's dinner especially fancy...sometimes hard to do! My husband says not to make such a big fuss out of it, but I cannot help it - it is my nature to do everything overboard.

This picture is similar to my toffee...but mine are in cute individual little cups. I call it 'bikkuri choco', meaning surprise chocolate. It looks like chocolate but is in fact mostly toffee...hee hee. I love surprises. I tasted some chocolate...and then some more...and then some more...and then tried the toffee...and it was sinfully good, oh my goodness so tastyyyyy...and some more, and some more... Ahhh, I have to stop before there is no more left for Hiro! (sometimes this really happened with some chips or other snack, ha ha...so I had to buy/make more)

Oh, the other day it dawned upon me that I never got Valentine's gifts from any other boyfriend except my husband. (I got them from students and female friends, but not in a romantic way) No relationships ever got beyond a month or so, so I guess it is only natural...well it took a good 24 years of waiting for a real Valentine's present but it was well worth it. So my dear friend and loyal blog reader, "E"...hang in there, your day will come soon!

Well, off to work and prepare more for our special dinner. Lots of work but very much the labour of my love.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home