again, lunch at Mamaya


Despite my efforts, I do end up eating out a lot...I probably did not need to say that since you can see for yourself on my blog, a blog which has ended up being more of a food blog than anything else! Anyway what is the point of making money if we do not spend it every once in a while?! Anyway I like this tiny restaurant for its wholesome Japanese home cooking!
I dined with my friend whom I have not seen in ages - she had fantastic news of a baby! I could not believe the size of her stomach - she is so petite and thin so it was really a sight. It was interesting that I could relate to her relationship life and get a glimpse of the married life, too. I sometimes fear that after I become married it will be harder to relate to my single friends.
What's more, I fear that after I have become a mother I will become one of those raving lunatic mothers, bragging about their child doing this and that. Eeks, I hope not. Please do tell me if I am rambling on and on about marriage, children, and so on!
During lunch I learned another lesson in Japanese culture. My friend told most of her friends with children about her pregnancy, however, she did not utter a word to her single or childless friends. She recounted how badly she felt when her friends shared the happy news of their new 'bundle' and did not want to subject her single/childless friends to the same kind of unhappy feeling. How considerate...on the other hand, I wonder if those friends will feel left out, like their friend felt like they were not important enough to share the news? What a Catch 22!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home