a hunting we will go, a hunting i will go...
Check out those huge white platforms I've got strapped on my feet!!! This was from a dress fitting a few months back. This is a modern-style kimono...instead of silk material, it is composed of gauzy material with raised cherry blossoms imprinted all over it. It was fantastic. The not so fantastic factor was, the price...as this is Japan, this was no big surprise at all. For such a get-up it'll set one back more than 2000USD (just the rental)...ouch, are you reeling yet?I tried on several other dresses - most of the time I felt like an oversized frilly pastel-coloured frosted cupcake...sprinkles and all! You should have seen me in the orange gradation dress (see in the background, to the right)...very scary but surprisingly not so bad. Never again will I so closely resemble a giant ball of sunshine!
Where is Hiro? Luckily gone. I decided to spare him the affair of dress hunting, opting instead to go with my female friend. ^_^ When it comes to tuxedos, men don't have much choice in the matter as women do.
Interesting cultural point of interest: In the West we have the superstition that a man should not see a woman in her wedding dress before the big event. In contrast, couples go wardrobe browsing together in Japan. That is another reason why I don't want Hiro to come with me - I want it to be a total surprise. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home