Saturday, January 07, 2006

STUPID Vivian moment of the day!

Every once or twice a day I have a big "DUH" moment, I call it my stupid moment. Today's stupid moment really ended with a big THUD(literally). The situation in re-play: I am ready to put out my bedsheets outside to dry...I step out and it being freezing outside and all, I close the glass sliding door behind me. I hang up my sheets, my fingers are freezing and I do a quick round-about, fleeing back into my 'slight warmer than outside' apartment. *SMACK* "OUCHHHhhhhh," I proclaim. I had slammed straight into the huge pane of glass. I looked around and didn't notice any neighbours around but still... ha ha. FYI, verandas in Japan are tiny - back home I don't think this brilliant incident could happen at all.

The picture is of my new hat designed and tailored by my aunt Hai-Yen, the art restoration guru in Germany. Click here for her website. I lived with her and uncle Eckhard for a month about a year ago helping keep the house cleaned, meals made and more while both of them were recovering from serious operations. So they're like my 'other' parents just like my 'other' parents in Toronto, uncle George and auntie Cathy. I wore the hat to Tokyo - the picture doesn't depict it well...it actually looks like I have dreads when I'm wearing it. I got a lot of stares, especially on the train...when this happened, I looked at them square in the eye and smiled mischeviously. ^_^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home