Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"interesting" Japanese matchmaking agency

"Western men are kind and put ladies first. They see their spouses as their partners, and they will always consider their wives to be women."

- A 33-year-old woman in the IT industry, who takes a class organized by Destina Japan, a marriage introduction agency specializing in matching Japanese women with professional Western men. The lessons are part of the agency's new "Cinderella Package Course." (Dacapo)

from their website:
Most of our female members are of Japanese decent from a wide range of professional backgrounds. Members living locally in the USA or in other parts of Europe are very open-minded with a genuine interest into the West. The female members working in their native country share a broad international outlook, while many having overseas work experience or work closely with overseas colleagues. Their average earnings range from $40,000 up to $300,000 plus a year. The English speaking ability of many of
our members range from conversational to extremely fluent.

Our male members include entrepreneurs, lawyers, medical doctors, bankers, IT directors, international business executives and other professionals. Their yearly earnings average $100,000, ranging from $40,000 to over $1 million a year. 55% of our male members are from Western countries and 45% are from Japan.
______________________

Am I the only one who finds this company very shallow? I feel it is preying on both men and women who either don't know better (very naive) or are desperate to tie the knot. As for the, "Western men are kind and always put ladies first" quote, I think it's quite a broad generalization. I have met many a brute back in Canada, men who didn't have an ounce of respect for women much less put ladies first. In Japan I've met some Japanese men who are such gentlemen that they would put 'so-called' gentlemen back home in shame. My boyfriend has always treated me like a pampered princess and puts up with my various little temper tandrums. If that's not chivalry, I don't know what is! I'm interested to know anyone who's participated in Destina's courses (and how much each plan costs!) and for those getting involved in the "Cinderella course" - good luck, you might need it!

http://www.destinajapan.us/index.html

The above listed is the website address...excuse me as I search for an air sickness bag in my place. If anything, my tummy now hurts from laughing so much. I haven't had such a deep chuckle in ages!

Hurrah - an early April Fool's day for me! I'm going to write to get a FREE guide, "tips to dating a Japanese woman" e-mailed to me. They actually have the nerve to ask for one's annual income on this form. It's not mandatory but have I already mentioned how shallow this company is? You think if I put 10,000 dollars they'd still send me it? I'll try and see...hee hee hee. Okay, I have registered as Thomas Johansen born in 1960 with an annual income of 10,000 dollars. The website states, "If you do not receive a copy, please call 020-7849-6616." If I don't get my copy, I'll use a different alias, e-mail address, age, and annual salary....then take it from there!

"We don’t even show photographs until both parties have spoken and agreed to proceed further. Our staff do provide a detailed physical description, as we appreciate that appearance is relevant. " How about this policy of theirs? Do you find it's open-minded or just a rule to benefit the horribly warty and creepy looking rich guys who otherwise couldn't get a date... (Sure there are plenty of Adonis-like looking millionares out there but odds are, they're all taken. Either that or most have egos the size of Ice Age glaciers...or personalities so tragic that one would find staring at the ceiling is more interesting)
_____________________________________________________________

UPDATE 1/12: They contacted me for my address and more information. Hmm, I think I'll play along and get this copy of "tips to dating a Japanese woman." Is it that different dating a Japanese woman? These days they aren't that much different from North American women. Even for me, there are slight nuances which are different in dating a Japanese man, but overall, there isn't much difference at all. If anything, dating a Japanese man has been the most smooth sailing experience in all my dating history. Hmm, somewhat related to this topic, I wonder if someone out there has written a "guide to dating aliens." Anyone can write a book these days! Ok, I just googled it and found out there is no guide for "how to date an alien." So there it is my friends, it is up to you literary geniuses to whip up a book and throw it at some publishing house which will print it if you throw enough money at them. Let me know when your book will come out. I'll take credit for inspiring you to write "how to date an alien."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home