Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A reminder to all the absent-minded...


Make a record of what u give your gf or bf!

Yesterday my student told me the funniest story. Background info: He has a long-distance girlfriend who lives quite a few hours away. Anyway they hadn't exchanged Christmas presents yet and he seemed a bit perplexed about what to get her. I was a bit surprised that he hadn't gotten the gift yet (she's coming tomorrow) and even more surprised that he looked so flustered. Dilemma? As it just so happens, this guy has a good memory when it comes to work-related matters...on the other hand, when it comes to his own personal life...he has the memory of a goldfish.

He recounted how once he exaggeratedly complimented her on her beautiful handbag, even going so far as to inquire, "where did you buy it?" Her delicate angel's halo mutated into prickly horns and she growled, "you bought it for me!!!" By this time I was howling with laughter, trying my best to shoot him a sympathetic look. (I think that failed) He was particularly worried that he'd buy her a gift which he'd already bought before. Anyhoo...after some quick thinking, I suggested he buy her a nice day trip to a local spa or something luxurious like a 2-hour massage...you know, something she wouldn't splurge on for herself. He smiled and flashed a "that's a brilliant idea" look. We'll see how it went - look for the update sometime in January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home