Today's breakfast
This morning breakfast consisted of the following:- Miso soup with aburage (#2 from left)
- Steamed rice with pickled mustard greens (centre)
- Simmered pumpkin (#1 from right)
- Curry carrot salad (#4 from left)
- Bean sprouts and nagaimo (mountain yam) salad (#3 from left)
- Sesame tofu (far left)
- placemat courtesy of Kazue for Christmas...this picture doesn't do it any justice
- tea serving set courtesy of Misaki who magically knew I was looking for a tea set!
...and topped off with a hot cup of Oolong cha, second from right. I wouldn't say this is a typical Japanese breakfast - one day I'll take a picture of that. I used to be a toast and eggs kinda gal but now I find Western breakfasts less and less satisfying, not to mention less appealing. Did you know you could have a meal like this would come up to about 500 calories whereas just two pancakes and two spoons of syrup would be calorically equivalent?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home