Thursday, December 22, 2005

OUTRAGEOUSLY priced but not the most attractive cake...

Employees of Takashimaya Department store look at a 223 diamond studded "Diamond Christmas cake" on the jewelry floor in Tokyo on Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2005. The cake, with a price tag of 200 million yen (USD$ 1.72 million), is a two-layer hexagonal fruit cake measuring 20 centimeters tall and 18 centimeters in diameter and is covered with pink icing that is good for one year -- then you can eat it after removing the diamonds. (AP)
____________________________________

Ouch, can you imagine how badly it'd hurt if you chomped on a diamond by accident? Seriously they use diamonds to cut diamonds...that's some hefty duty cutting power...imagine what damange it could do to your precious teeth! Hmm, I find this diamond cake a bit overdone and tacky, to say the least...if I were to choose a fancy cake, I'd pick one more like this (see pic below): Fresh, simple and minus the painful price tag. I'm going to stay posted on this one, just to see who buys it!!!
^_^
AGH!!! I just noticed that you can eat it after one year - are you joking? Just for decoration or really edible? Goodness, just a wedge of that stuff could likely kill you. I'll take an army MRE pack over that cake any day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home