Merry Christmas to you, wherever you are!!!
Snickerdoodles before baking... I am putting some more finishing touches on more batches of cookies. I'd made 5 batches of various cookies but ran out...so I need to make more more more! I could have slept in an extra few hours but I really want to pass on the Christmas tradition to those here in Japan! See choco-biscotti below. The one curious thing about making cookies is that you get sick of seeing so many of them and don't want to see another cookie in sight. So although I'm making a slew of them, I have yet to eat more than a few! I wonder if bakers at patisseries feel the same about their baked creations?Today we're off to Izu penninsula, to the cottage of my boyfriend's university friend. The cottage has a small hot spring in it made of cypress wood - ooooh, sounds good. 12 of us will spend the night there - ooh, rowdy rowdy cottage. The day after that, Christmas eve, will be spent in Yokohama...though not in a love hotel as other couples here will be. Traditionally Christmas is a strictly couples thing and all the love hotels are booked. Wow, how raunchy is that for Christmas...who knew Christmas could be so R-rated. I'll write an interesting blurb on love hotels when I get the chance. It's something not to be missed. ^_^ We'll be chomping on KFC and Christmas cake (strawberry shortcake). That's Japanese tradition. I do miss my turkey though and fully intend on having a "real" Christmas dinner next year. A few years ago I cooked Christmas dinner for 20 people here (to introduce them to the bona fide Christmas dinner) but I need time to recover from that...yes, it takes years!
Shoot. I am off to pack now! Speaking of packing, 90% of the time I go on a trip with my boyfriend, I inevitably forget something very important. Once I forgot my swimsuit (trip to the beach), another time I forgot my wallet (daytrip up north), another time I forgot a change of clothes (going kayaking) and once I forgot some bath towel (visiting a hot spring)... The thing is, when I go on a trip on my own, I never forget a thing. I wonder if there is some psychological quirk behind my forgetfulness. How about you? Are you more likely to forget something when you're with other people?
So signing off for now...until Christmas day, maybe!
Merry Christmas everyone!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home