Friday, December 30, 2005

SEX withdrawal

Ha ha, just joking...but on a similar note, have you ever suffered from boyfriend or girlfriend withdrawal? If you've ever had a long-distance relationship you'll surely know what I am talking about...but even if you haven't, you may know what it feels like. For the first time in my life I am suffering from boyfriend withdrawal. Don't know why - I've never been addicted to anyone before. (PHOTO: the arm pillow for singles or, good replacement for a boyfriend)

In my last summer in Woodstock (prior to uni) I met my first boyfriend, a co-worker (yes, mistake numero uno) whom I met up with maybe twice a week. That was plenty enough for me but he kept complaining it was hardly enough. Then the pattern continued in university. I didn't want to see anyone I dated more than once a week. Overdosing on anyone just made me feel like I was an irritated claustrophobic in a tight elevator... perhaps due to deeply entrenched commitophobia. The one time I had a relationship longer than three weeks they guy said the 3 words I feared most...yes, you know it - I love you. AGHhh...oh, dying, dying, dying - I need a respirator! Needless to say I had to get out fast - and that I did! Then I pulled a Houdini...flew across the globe to Japan. Ha ha, just kidding - not because of him but it sure makes for a good story. ";D

Then now, my first more than one-month relationship and I am the one suffering from boyfriend withdrawal. Life is so strange and cruel. My boyfriend says I suffer from *sabishii garia* complex which means fear of being alone. I wonder if being a foreign country makes us cling onto things more than we would back in our own niche back home. Sometimes I call him at midnight just to ask him to come over. I'm freezing cold and need my human heater, I say. Really it's just an attack of *sabishii garia* Perhaps this is when we know when we have found the one that is right for us. When we cannot get enough of them and want to see them more and more even after it's been a year and counting.

How about you? Do you miss your boyfriend or girlfriend when they are away? Did this only last during your honeymoon faze? Did you only suffer from bf/gf withdrawal with some people and not others? I am curious to find out more about this...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home