Wednesday, December 28, 2005

a daily affair...

How do these Japanese housewives do it?! Here in Japan, cleaning the house is a daily affair...as I recall, back home it was more like a weekly thing. Every morning they wake up at the break of dawn to prepare their children's bento boxes to ensure their lunch is filled with cutsie designs, healthy foods, and more. Then they whip up breakfast and shoo off the kids to school and husband to work. The rest of the morning is spent tiding up the house, doing laundry, and making sure things squeek and shimmer by the time it's done.

In the States people hire professional cleaners yet it still hasn't quite caught on here. Some housewives seem to enjoy it but others are just worn-out and frustrated at the ol' routine. It doesn't help that their husbands rarely pitch in. I admire these housewives, sometimes given the least credit by their husbands and children...I really hope that they enjoy those occasional coffee or luncheons with their girlfriends. Oh it's true - go to any cafe of restaurant from 1-4pm and it'll be packed with chatty housewives. Who said business isn't booming in Japan anymore? The housewives alone are holding up the food industry. ^_^ Anyway I am out the door for today...I have washed the dishes and have a load in the wash - good enough for now. I'm no housewife but hey, at least I've got time to do things like...er, blog.

PICTURE: chopstick trainers -pick up yours today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home