Sunday, January 08, 2006

HOLY beefed up beef!!!

What do you feed that cow? Silver, platinum, GOLD?! Well if it is a reknowned KOBE cow, just a daily dosage of beer, brush session with sake, no exercise and vigorous massages. Hmm...not a bad life until the slaughterhouse. Their diet and daily routine ensures a fattier, more marbleized meat.

I went to the supermarket to buy some steak. To buy premium steak I made a trip to the department store's basement section where the specialty meat shop is located. I was about to buy 100g of the best premium steak...when I realized 100g is hardly ANY meat. Eeks 100 grams of it at almost 40 dollars (maybe $150USD per pound) ...OUCHHHH...that would have cost me 160 dollars for 400g, more money than I had on me at the time. Good thing I did not place an order before 'price-reality' hit me! Instead I settled for some steak at 20 dollars/100g. Still pricey but it's Hiro's once-a-year birthday dinner so the splurge gets the green light. BY THE WAY, if you are curious...Kobe beef is 5000 yen per 100g or about $180USD per pound!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home