Thursday, October 05, 2006

another rainy day and routine life

As depressing as I find rain, I am trying my best to look for the good in it. I mean, there is not much about the weather we can control, er at least not in this century! Weather science has a long way to go before we can manipulate it, and even if we could, it might be a very scary day indeed.

Good things about rain: makes it easy to nap, soothes my nerves, sounds nice - esp at night, waters plants and beautiful flowers, allows us to enjoy rainy day specials at cafes...

So often we are fed up with our routine, daily life. I can understand doing the same thing day in and out can become monotonous but I think that is life, we should enjoy even the routine bits. Today I woke up, went for a jog before getting rained out, prepared breakfast (skim milk, soba noodles, miso soup, cabbage and veggie stir-fry), finished packing Hiro's bento box (just leftovers from last night...hee hee), washed up after breakfast, am preparing for work and the wedding. All very routine but all in its own way unique and delightful.

Here's how:
I ran past Morgen bakery (see pic) and smelled amaaazing bread
My veggie fry turned out better than expected
Miso soup making has become easy and results, consistent
The liquor shop nearby is starting to sell 新米 shinmai, freshly harvested rice
The roads were peaceful and unpolluted (at 7am)
I indulged in a small donut after breakfast because I was still hungry
The little things in life are what we have to appreciate. How about your day? What were the delightful bits? Seeing a smile? Giving a smile? Doing a favor? Getting a favor?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home