holy investment
This is our, er my latest purchase. I tried my best to manage with my former 145L refrigerator but was frustrated to my wit's end!!! I bought so much that the whole thing was packed, resulting in uneven cooling distribution. Some veggies froze while my eggs did not stay at the right temperature. It's like asking for a case of salmonella to hit or something.I gave in and bought a nice fridge. At first I was going to get a simple 3-door fridge...but was eventually tempted into buying a 2-door, 4-compartment one. I asked my knitting club ladies what model or brand was known for its superior performance. One woman recommended Mitsubishi because the refrigerators are designed by women, meaning it is specifically designed for discerning cooks!
Who knew a fridge could be sooo technical? The 2-doors open up like French doors so not as much energy is lost when you swish them open. One compartment produces clear ice...that's right - clear as crystal! The small compartment to the right flash freezes meat, preserving it's texture and flavour. The second compartment to the bottom is a veggie room and is pulled out horizontally like a drawer, limiting energy loss. The last one is the regular freezer. Let's just hope it won't be too much of a burden to clean up!
This one retails at 168,000-yen or just over 1500USD...mine cost 120,000 yen because I bought the closeout store showroom model. The salesperson assured me it was the lowest price he had ever seen it at. I double-checked with kakaku.com and surely enough, it was the lowest price.
Due to my reckness nature, I bought a 5-year extended warranty plan to go with it. Most of them come with the standard 1-year warranty but we're talking about something one uses several times a day. An extra 25 dollars is more than worth it, if you ask me!
This purchase was worth every yen. It makes cooking each day a delightful experience. I don't know why I waited so long to get it! Amazing what happiness some material things can give us. So contrary to the Buddhist thinking of freeing oneself of materialistic greed, I believe materialism in moderation can make life just 'that' much more enjoyable.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home