Sunday, June 18, 2006

what wise women they are

A few things I learned today at knitting club:

In the past , many Japanese couples did not go on honeymoons as they do now. If they did go on some kind of honeymoon, for the most part, it was a domestic trip, not like the trips these days people take to Europe or sunny beach destinations.

Also, have you ever eaten an umeboshi? This is a Japanese pickled plum and it is quite tasty in a rice ball or simply pl;ahted on top of rice sprinkled with some sesame seeds. After one eats the fruit part, you are supposed to take the seed out of your mouth, crack it open with some blunt object and then eat the white part in the seed. It is supposed to be good for something but I could not remember.

One should not chill melons soon after purchase...let the bugger ripen well until fragrant, then chill before serving. Duh, I should have known that...baka BB I am. (baka means stupid)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home