Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cucina Italiana, Japanese Italian kitchen


I had lunch with Yukari, her friend, and Miko (Yukari's dog) at Cuchina Italiana, formerly Grain's cafe located across the street from the Ninomiya Park parking lot. The owner is a friendly woman who uses fresh ingredients in all the dishes. The place has evolved a great deal since I first moved here. The first few times I went, I could not speak Japanese at all (neither could she speak English) so I became her memorable English-speaking customer.

It was my first time to have omelet rice (as pictured), at this very little cafe, which is probably why I often have a desire to order it each time I go. While eating it, I fondly reminisce (sp?) back to the days when I was new and exploring Japan. The great thing about the omelet rice here is that you are able to choose what kind of sauce accompanies it - garlic& tomato, demiglace sauce, or cream sauce...yum!

Now the cafe has become more popular than - with its newfound popularity and some renovations, it lost the former quaintness I once loved, but I still go on occasion. Some things, like people, even with their imperfections and flaws, are just fine as is! Without those bits they lose their charm and appeal. ps: the picture is of a moth...I took it on my way back home...the real^life size is actually huge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home