Fake Yakult!
This is imitation Yakult, a watery fermented drink with a tangy yogurt-like taste. It has helpful probiotics which keep one's stomach very happy and so very healthy.As a child my brother and I often had Yakult in Taiwan! We thought it was a Taiwanese drink, or at least I did. My mom often froze 2 or 3 cases of it and had us bring it back to the States...what fond memories Yakult bring back.

I suppose the name itself is not so appealing...I mean, it sounds like "Ya, culled." Anyway it tastes nice and is a great snack to keep hunger at bay. Try it today! It is available at your local Asian mart.
Imitation Yakult tastes essentially the same. This bottle, 'goku goku' is a jumbo-sized one, double the size of the original Yakult. Hiro told me that 'Goku Goku' refers to the sound one makes when 'gulping it down,' not unlike the English onomatopoeia 'glug, glug, glug.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home