hypocrite, a different kind of one
Do you consider yourself a hypocrite? If so, what kind of hypocrite are you? There are all sorts of hypocrites...but one kind, I have observed, is quite fascinating. I did not take notice until awhile ago when my family told me I was working too hard. Then I thought, they worked harder than me in their youth! I felt like they had no right to tell me not to work too hard. Ha ha. People are strange like that.I often burn myself in the kitchen - that an drop knives on the floor or on the way down, scraping my foot. I don't mind at all and take it as kind of a 'work hazard.' Nevertheless when Hiro cooks in the kitchen and gets burnt or injured, I yell at him and tell him he has no business running around in the kitchen. Is that strange or what? How we don't mind if we put ourselves in danger but are often worried if others do the same thing? Is this a gender-related kind of behaviour? I am curious...
Anyway I will try my best not to be hypocritical but it is hard. We want the best for others and hate to see those we care for get hurt. I suppose in the end just being there to support them is enough.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home