Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday night - really odd food!


We went to the wedding planner on Friday night, around 5:30...that was the ONLY time they had available! Unbelievable how popular the place is - definitely one of the 'in' places to have one's big day in つくば, Tsukuba now.

After that we came back for strange dinner...Italian of sorts? The pasta is きんぴら ごぼ, kinpira gobo (burdock root and carrot) Italian basil and spice spaghettini. The salad is a normal salad but garnished with fresh shitake mushrooms marinated and cooked in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and spices. Finally, a new creation...cream of corn soup with かまぼこ - fish cake, tofu, and tomatoes. (I highly recommend this dish except omitting the tomatoes would make it taste better...)

I love eating out, but for the sake of our health, I try to make food at home more often. I really want to dine out but know that Hiro always dines out and doesn't get the proper nutrition he needs. So I have learnt to be content and satisfied to stay home and eat because I know it is better for the both of us. Seeing someone else's happiness or improved health is happiness for oneself, I think!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home