The Lakehouse
This is the Korean movie the Hollywood movie, 'The Lakehouse' is based on. The Hollywood stars Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves (yes, they're at it again) and from the looks of it, will be a big box office flop. The trailer was really cheesy and reeked of poor acting on Keanu's part. He may have the look (I'll admit, he is a handsome chap) but seems to lack acting skills - he is even worse in 'Much Ado about Nothing.' Coming to U.S. theatres in July, I think.If you ask me, it is not even worth watching the Hollywood version. Just watch the Korean one and leave it at that. Or watch the Korean one and then see the Hollywood one as your 'comedy' show for the day? Hee hee.
The plot? Mix in some time travel, snail mail communication, a cute mutt dog and friendship...it is a romantic story but I did not find the Korean version to be cloyingly sweet like the Hollywood trailer.
Besides, I like this Korean actress, the same girl who starred in a hilarious movie 'My Sassy Girl.' I highly recommend it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home