luxury curry dinner?



How do you make curry luxurious? Accompany it with crab miso soup! Hirotsugu made curry rice, his designated specialty...I told him from now on it was up to him, since he is better at making it than me. Curry rice is nostalgic for me - my mother often made it when I was a child...in fact, I always figured it was a kind of Chinese food! He makes it with sliced pork because that is his family style...mine usually uses dark-meat chicken, my family style. Hiro is even brand loyal, preferring the S&B curry blend. As for me, I just buy whatever curry roux is on sale.
Curry roux, blocks of curry powder mixed up with other sorts of things to form a mass...is used to thicken up and impart curry flavor on your dish at the last stage. I can be bought at any Asian superstore but is, if I recall, quite pricey in the States. It is rather cheap here, at less than 2 dollars per jumbo pack. It is the easiest way to make curry...making it from scratch, from powder is great and all...however just a wee bit more time consuming! Many housewives recommend putting in some cocoa or coffee powder (into curry) to give it more oomph, providing the flavor with more depth than usual.
Crab miso soup is really deep in flavor and bursting of savory seafood essence. I recommend trying it today! Just use regular miso paste, dump in fresh crab (scrubbed well) and garnish with scallions! Voila, finished...easy but delicious.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home