Monday, June 05, 2006

SHORT, please

The funniest thing about Starbucks in Japan, is that it feel comparatively cheap! If you don't understand, you will just have to come here and visit some local cafes where a regular cup of java will set you back from 4-7 dollars. Don't get me wrong, I love cafes (esp. those with a peculiar ambiance) because they don't stink of a generic 'coffee chain.'

Japan still has the short size which phased out in both the States and Canada ages ago. I find this size perfect for all 152 centimeters of me. Sure a size higher is only 20 cents more but do I really need it? No, make mine a short please! I will cry the day they get rid of the short in Japan...I sense it coming, just a feeling about it...

By the way, did you know a Double Choco Chip Frappucino Blended Creme will set you back 590 cals, a scone a whopping 500 (give or take) cals, choco chip cookie 520 cals, muffins from 350-400 cals each. OUCH...a drink at >500 calories a shot?! That is more than 1/3 of my daily nutrition requirement, tested in Taiwan to be 1500 calories. As much as I come off as a calorie counter, regardless, it is sure good to know! Good news? A light version of the hefty heavy Frappucino is available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home