Wednesday, April 26, 2006

stray animal #2

Today I found an abandoned kitty on the pedestrian walkway, meewing for help. I stopped to see if it was okay but he or she seemed in poor condition. Poor poor thing - it's hair was a bit dirty looking, paws ruddy in dirt. It's bones stuck out, evidence that it had not eaten in ages. I tried to give it some rice crackers (the only food I had on me) but she refused.

It was a friendly and affectionate little cat, allowing me to pet it whilst it snaked around my legs. I wish I could take it home - alas, I am going to Taiwan soon...oh, that and my apartment landloard has a policy against owning pets. Last year a stray doggy followed me (10-minutes jogging!) home. I wanted so badly to give it a home but again, I could not take him in.

Meew, meew. Ruff, ruff. I wish people would stop throwing pets away. It's completely inhumane. Putting them to sleep is almost more humane than just tossing them outside, off to fend for themselves in the big big world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home