Sunday, April 23, 2006

model, er, paint palette for a day


I lent my face to be used as a cosmetic palette for a day. Makeuchi-san's (a member of the knitting club) daughter is studying to become a cosmetician. In order to achieve her goal, she needs various subjects to 'experiment' on. I volunteered to be her subject.

She did my makeup after analyzing my face. Apparently my complexion is complex in the sense that it is not even-coloured. The cheek area is quite white while the chin and mouth area are a kind of blotchy yellow...apparently my ears are orange! Oooh, interesting.

It was a fun makeover - kind of curious to find out what colours suit me. It was said that pink suits me. As for eyeshadow and so on, the professional makeup artist said that blues, purples, and silvery shades will work more beautifully on me than goldish tints. I can wear any shade of purple but only some reds - pink is alright.

My lashes are quite long - it really hurt when they curled my eyelashes. Ouch! I tried to smile but my eye betrayed me by releasing an 売る売る,uru uru tear of pain. ^_^ I told them my lashes are long because my mom cut them when I was a wee baby. Maybe, I dunnO if it's true.

It was a fun experience! Makeuchi-san treated me to lunch and sent me home with a dinner bento. How kind of her. I definitely recommend becoming a makeup subject - perhaps you are using colours that in fact do not suit your skin or complexion. I know I learned a great deal from this 'guinea pig' makeup experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home