Sunday, April 23, 2006

when do you reflect?

Many people reflect on their lives but it seems that we are often too busy to do so or we forget about it! These days people need some kind of background music, whether it be in the form of a radio blaring, TV blasting, and so on. Are you one who needs constant sound in one's surroundings?

Some people are really bothered by silence - I admit, I too was such a person until maybe a year or two ago. When I first moved to Japan, it was so quiet - too quiet...silence made me feel lonely and isolated. I missed my having lots of housemates around me, like back in Toronto.

Nowadays I relish in silence, something I have learnt to appreciate over time. Maybe it is then, when we can appreciate silence, that we are finally comfortable in our own skin. Anyway turn off your TV and see what discoveries you can make when in complete silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home