hmm, pinch an inch...or two, or three



At this rate, I am going to put on 10 pounds before we go to Taiwan next week! On Monday our knitting club went to a restaurant. The ladies could not finish the food, which was admittedly, of astronomical size...so they looked at me and pleaded, 'would you finish mine, too?' Okay, make that 7 ladies and ONE me. I finished someone's 山うど tempura, another's bamboo dish, another's sesame spinach, another's fish fry...on top of that I had to finish a platter of ginger pork - the dish I had ordered. I swear the amount of meat on the plate was equivalent to 3 week's worth of meat consumption. Needless to say, I was stuffed...and overstuffed! Ha ha - that's the last time I go out with them...I'm like their human もったいない(don't waste) trash can. Beware when going out with sweet middle-aged ladies...they are very keen on not wasting food, so if you happen to be the youngest in the group, it's all going to you! Mind you, the food was really delicious and for the price, a sure bargain!
My friend Iku and I caught up at a cafe for sweets and coffee. I already had dinner and was kind of full but the parfaits were too appetizing to pass up! I had the 熱々ごまだんご パフェ (atsu atsu goma-dango parfait) - which was as good as it looks. (see pic to the left)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home