Thursday, April 20, 2006

trust issues

Trust is a funny thing, isn't it? It takes ages to build up and even more ages to reinforce... but it takes only a moment to shatter. What makes some trust more than others and vice versa? Is your trust easy to gain? Why do you think that is the case? Do you wish you could trust more or less?

In my case, I wish I could trust others more. I suppose it depends on the country in which one lives in, too. When I resided in Shanghai for a month, I found myself becoming more and more skeptical of people around me. Many (not all) people I met had some ulterior motives for being friendly and I soon became suspicious of 'friendly' folks.

This trust issue was a hairy problem when I first starting dating Hirotsugu. In the past I had an experience of being betrayed and since then, I have had a really difficult time trusting anyone. Hiro never did anything to make me doubt his words - in contrast, he often speaks frankly, at times, too blunt! ^_^

I have to change myself and learn to trust more and doubt less. Hirotsugu trusts me completely and knows that I would not do anything to jeopardize our relationship. Likewise, I will try my best to do the same, after all, it is about time I give him the credit he deserves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home