Rubik's much lately?
TOKYO (Reuters) - Tamako Kondo says 10 minutes of exercise every morning keeps her fit.But the 80-year-old doesn't hit the treadmill or take aerobics classes. Instead, she sits at a desk, pencil in hand, and tackles simple arithmetic and other quizzes, part of a "brain training" program that has taken Japan by storm.
Bookshops now have separate sections for workbooks with the exercises and video game versions are selling like hot cakes among the growing ranks of older Japanese who hope the drills will reinvigorate their gray matter. "I want to delay becoming senile as much as possible," said Kondo, who lives in a Tokyo home for the elderly. By George Nishiyama
I don't know about you, but Rubik's cubes always drove me nuts. That being said, I refuse to pick one up because I would end up tearing all my hair out before even starting. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home